Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Postcards from the Flint Hills

I was invited to a friends ranch in the Flint Hills for the sole purpose of photographing. I had an evening and a morning to work, see, and create. The lone tree which for me, signifies the prairie was the first image I saw, as I walked around looking, composing and photographing I hear, way off in the distance the howling of a pack of coyotes. Oh the prairie serenade. Kept on working 'til about 2 hours after sunset. Then went in to eat After which I was introduced to their calf and horses. It was feeding time. Got up at the crack of early to make it to another part of the ranch before the sun hit the ridge. The light was just beautiful. A herd of cattle to the south of me grazing lazily as they are want to do. I went inside the big old stone barn to explore the light coming through the windows.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are truly beautiful!

Angie Jennings said...

Thank you.

ICR1 said...

Love these.

Andrea (MaoMaoChong de Mama) said...

These are wonderful!